GRAFFITI!

I decided to start exploring with different mediums of paint and different surfaces to paint onto.
 I then started to work with aerosol mixed with acrylic and oil on canvas.


LEAKE STREET
I travelled to Leake Street Graffiti tunnel to try painting onto different surfaces. Rather than trying to master the art and technique that many Graffiti artists do, I decided to sketch with the paint and make the work as free and as loose as possible. I don't want the work to look finished and polished, I simply wanted to explore painting with a different medium onto a new surface.


 The inability to mix the aerosols with ease worked in my favour as the final images were very different to my works on canvas or board using paints with brushes. Working quickly with juvenile markings was different and enjoyable and the outcome was exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment